Buying a Used Car For Uber Drivers
Midwest Motors has a handful of vehicles that qualify as Uber eligible! Whether you want to drive for Uber Black, make some extra cash on the weekends, or capitalize on sporting events - driving for Uber has a ton of benefits and all you need is a car! We've put together a list of the qualifications for driving for Uber, as well as what kind of car you will need. Give us a call at (636)938-5777 if you have any questions about Uber eligibility on any of our vehicles!
What are the qualifications to drive for Uber?
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must be licensed to drive in the US for at least one year / three years if under 23
- Have a 4-door car that is model year 2008 or newer (most cities)
- Check out help.uber.com for your city’s model year requirement, or type in uber.com/drive/*your-city*
- Same state auto insurance with your name on the policy
- Same state driver’s license
- Valid social security number
- Same state plates with current registration (commercial plates are acceptable as well)
- Pass a background check / driving record check
Okay, got it. But what about the vehicle?
- Vehicle must be 10 years old or newer (model year 2008)
- Must be a four-door car, truck, or minivan.
- Vehicle must have seating and seat belts for 4 passengers aside from the driver
- Must pass a state vehicle inspection
- Your full name must be on the insurance for the vehicle
- Your name does NOT have to be on vehicle registration
- Driver must pass a background check and driving record check
- Restrictions: Vehicles that don’t qualify for any Uber service
- No full-size vans (Ford Transit, Ford E-Series, GMC Savana)
- No taxis or other marked vehicles.
- No commercial markings or advertisements
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles (salvage title)